Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Adopted?

A few days ago I posted on facebook that someone called about wanting to adopt Elvis. Funny thing is that it was us that called wanting to adopt him :) He's a cute little guy and we love him. We ran into Lisa, the 4 paws worker over fostering, at pets mart on our way to get Elvis a hair cut. He really needed it as seen in the pony tail post below. As we were talking to Lisa she said that she'd give us a good deal if we wanted to adopt him cuz we'd been fostering him for so long. Anyway the next day we gave Lisa a call and saved 50% on him, Lisa also let us continue to borrow the 4 paw crate Elvis uses. It's kinda nice cuz those things are expensive.
Anyway because it looks like we have a completely different dog because of his hair cut and he got adopted by us, this weekend when we went to visit family I told them that "Elvis was adopted but we got a new dog that you need to come meet."
Jeron's family's not on facebook alot so it didn't work as well with them. but they did pause for a few min to make sure it was him.
Kaylee's reaction was my favorite though. I told her that she needed to see our new dog but she was talking with my Aunt Opal and cousin Lehi. So she had them come over to Grandad's house to say hi too.
Elvis ran right up to them to say hi as soon as they sat down. Aunt Opal May started asking all sorts of questions; What's his name? Is he well trained? Is he naturally short haired? Thing like that.
Jeron told them that his name was Bosco and Kaylee called "Come here Bosco." and Elvis did. It almost made me blow my cover. I think the reason he responded so well is Kaylee and I sound a lot alike.
We eventually told them that he really was our new dog but it was still Elvis Opal May said " I wondered why he seemed so friendly. It was like he already knew us."
Kaylee responded in her cute way. "Well you told me he was a different dog and he responded to Bosco, so I believed you.
Here's some pictures of our "new" dog. He looks so different and is half the size without his hair.



Isn't he cute?

No comments: